Fury (The Fury Trilogy #1) – Elizabeth Miles
Author: Elizabeth Miles
Release Date: August 30, 2011
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Page Number: 370
Source: Used book store
It’s winter break in Ascension, Maine. The snow is falling and everything looks pristine and peaceful. But not all is as it seems…
Between cozy traditions and parties with her friends, Emily loves the holidays. And this year’s even better—the guy she’s been into for months is finally noticing her. But Em knows if she starts things with him, there’s no turning back. Because his girlfriend is Em’s best friend.
On the other side of town, Chase is having problems of his own. The stress of his home life is starting to take its toll, and his social life is unraveling. But that’s nothing compared to what’s really haunting him. Chase has done something cruel…something the perfect guy he pretends to be would never do. And it’s only a matter of time before he’s exposed.
In Ascension, mistakes can be deadly. And three girls—three beautiful, mysterious girls—are here to choose who will pay. Em and Chase have been chosen.
4 out of 5 stars
This plot was kind of shallow in my opinion actually. I don’t really know if this story happened within a few days, or months, but it was difficult with some of the characters. I liked the idea of the plot, but the way that it was carried out was planned as well as it could have been. I don’t really like books that take place in the winter just because I much prefer any other season than icy, snowy, nastiness. The wintriness was easy to get over, though. I like the place it happened being in Maine. I’d love to travel to places unknown to me, and I think this just gives me a glimpse into new places.
I liked the characters. I was really disappointed with what happened to Chase. I really thought that he and Em would have been perfect together, but then ‘The Furies’ came along. (What an idiot…. HP reference) Em was a good main character to follow, but it was really insta-love with Zach. I hate when insta-love happens, it’s just so irritating. I thought that i had liked Ty in the beginning, but then I figured out that she was fricking evil! Chase shouldn’t have had to be hurt that badly! And yet again, another case of insta-love mania. It just happened so quick that Chase fell for Ty and it was somewhat irritating. JD. Oh I love JD. JD is Em’s childhood friend. They are neighbors and always go over to each others houses. It’s just so cute. BUT NO. DON’T PICK THE GOOD GUY, PICK THE MAN-WHORE. gah.
Who Would I Be?:
- Okay, this sounds horrible, but I want to see what it would be like to be Ty. Even though she is evil, I think it would be awesome to see what it would be like to be in her head. And really who doesn’t want to have beautiful bright red hair?
- I wouldn’t necessarily want to be Em because she’s whiny and kind of a slut. She is. She got half naked with her best friend’s boyfriend….. Ha. Yeah, lets not go there.
- Would I want to be Gabby? Yes and no, I suppose. She is beautiful and she gets to go on vacations a lot. I wouldn’t want to have been tricked by Zach though, so no for that reason. It would get irritating being besties with Em, so probably not.
- Zach…. absolutely not. I have no desire to even want to be him. He hurt Gabby and Emily. I do not want to be known as a heart-breaker.
- I think being Chase would be hard. He’s always been made fun of for living in a trailer park and his dad died and that would be hard. He doesn’t have any extra money, but I would have liked to know what it would be like to fall in insta-love. (lol sarcasm)
- I would choose to be JD. Even though Em never really realizes and tells him that she loves him, I would want to be him. He dresses like a weirdo and he’s just so sweet. I would want to be him. I wouldn’t want to be in love with Em, but being JD would be fricking awesome.
Envy (The Fury Trilogy #2) – Elizabeth Miles