Most books have something in common with others you’ve read, and some of these things are just more prevalent than others. From the website TVTropes.com, I looked under The Mortal Instruments tab and these are just a few of the tropes that are obviously obvious tropes.
trope: a figurative or metaphorical use of a word or expression
- Foreshadowing: Simon makes a joke about Jewish vampires…
- Mama Bear: despite Jocelyn not wanting Clary to be part of the Shadow World, she allows her to be with Jace, Alec, Isabelle, and Simon.
- Tangled Family Tree: very self explanatory
- Love Triangle: for a fraction of a second between Jace, Clary, and Simon
- Fur Against Fang: there are vampires and there are werewolves. They really don’t like each other.
These are just some of my favorites! Sorry for the lack of reviewing lately, I’ve not had a ton of time to catch up on reading <3