I am honored to be nominated for the Liebster Blog Award! This is an award where you recognize fellow bloggers and help people discover new blogs. I was nominated by Meglena Ivanova.
- You must link back to the person who linked you
- Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new bloggers and come up with 11 new questions to ask
- You cannot nominate the person who nominated you
- You must let the person you nominated know you nominated them
The questions Meglena asked me:
1. What is your biggest goal in life?
My biggest goal is to become a professional ballet dancer in a ballet company. I’ve loved dancing ever since I started when I was 6, and I want to put on performances for people. I want to put on shows that people get dressed up to come and watch. I’ve gone to see one performance of the Nutcracker done by the Moscow Ballet Company, and I have been in two performances of the Nutcracker put on by Ballet Nebraska. I loved every minute of watching and being in it, and I know that’s what I want to do with my life.
2. What’s your dream job?
I kind of answered that one in the question above, but after I’m a dancer I want to be a book editor. I love the reviewing process I’ve come up with for my blog and I would love to be able to get money for what I love. I want to critique works that people have already created and make them better. I would say I want to be an author, and I probably will write something if I get a good idea, but I don’t know if I could come up with original characters with cool names and an interesting plot. I definitely am going to do something with reading after being a dancer though.
3. Would you rather follow your heart or your head?
I would follow my heart. If I believe I could do it, why not try? It’s pointless to not do something because you’re too nervous to attempt it. Following your heart is one of the best things you can do. If you don’t follow your heart you’d be doing something you don’t love. You wouldn’t find your one true love. You wouldn’t live happily ever after. Let’s definitely all follow our hearts. :)
4. If you allowed to do just one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Be a ballerina. This was a tough question because I definitely could not function without books and reading, but I think I would be depressed if I couldn’t dance. I could not deal with not dancing for the rest of my life. I could somehow (maybe not) cope with not reading, but dancing is the answer for this one.
5. What do you think of the expression, “Where there was fire, ashes remain,” ?
Immediately I think of the book We Were Liars – E. Lockhart, but once I really think about it, it means where one thing starts, another is left. You can’t be doing too many things at once, so you have to drop something. Even if it means a lot, there is something that will mean more. I’m not sure I answered this one correctly, but this’ll have to do. :)
6. What’s the best gift you’ve ever given, and the best you’ve ever received?
I gave the best gifts I’ve given for Christmas last year. I gave everyone in my family a homemade bowl that I made in pottery. I was really proud of them and everyone really loved them, and the best I’ve ever received… Hmm. I’m going to have to say one of them was a signed copy of Will Grayson, Will Grayson – John Green & David Levithan. I freaked out a lot and fangirled way too much.
7. What’s an ability or skill you most wish you had, but don’t have already?
Hmm. I would say public speaking. I am terrified by speaking in front of anyone. I freeze up and I can’t think straight. I would love to be able to not think about speaking in front of people and just be able to do it.
8. If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would go to England. I want to live in England for the rest of my life. There are so many old buildings and everything is so green and it rains ALL the time. I love rainy weather because you can wear sweaters, scarves, and boots. I want to live in an old house in some place in England and have walls and walls of bookshelves looking outside to the lush green plantlife.
9. What would you do without electricity for 3 days?
I would have my friends over and we would have a campsite outside. We would stay outside for 3 days and then we wouldn’t go inside and we’d have a campfire and sleep in a tent. I think that would seriously be so much fun.
10. What is your favorite book/author?
I have two all time favorite books. The Fault in Our Stars – John Green and We Were Liars – E. Lockhart. I love both of these books so much and I will never ever forget them. John Green and J. K. Rowling are my favorite authors as well.
11. What’s the biggest problem facing the world right now and if you alone could fix it, how would you do it?
I think the biggest problem in the world right now is probably illegal slavery. I think it is absolutely horrible that people are being kept as property. This supposedly ended years and years ago, but it hasn’t. I have no idea how I could help because really, what person who is keeping people against their will is going to listen to a 14-year old girl? Slim to none. I would love this to be no more, but I don’t know how I could help that.
Thank you Meglena for nominating me of the award! I was so surprised when I saw that you wanted me to do it and had to do it right away! *original post*
- The Book Haven
- The YA Book Spot
- YA Book Queen
- The Mod Podge Bookshelf
- The YA Book Shelf
- The Book Monsters
- Forever 17 Books
- My Guilty Obsession
- Meredith & Jennifer’s Musings
- Literary Meanderings
- I Love to Read and Review Books
- When did you start blogging and why?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What is your dream job?
- Best book you’ve read this year?
- Favorite place to shop…
- Other hobbies…
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
- What is your favorite social media site and why?
- What is your favorite movie?
- If you could be any book character, who would you be?
Good luck and have fun!!